7/18/13

Prayer and Teaching: An "Ah-Ha" Moment

I recently had a client couple cancel their follow-up meeting because her parents were in a serious car accident.  They had just celebrated her wedding and were on their way home from Colorado.  I received the text and my heart dropped; I immediately prayed for them and her parents who are currently in two different hospitals in Denver. 

Ah ha!  That's what it's all about, isn't it God? 
 
You see, I realized in that moment that my ministry goes far beyond teaching mucus, scheduling follow- ups, correcting stamp placement or explaining double peaks and early ovulations.  God has called me to a much greater purpose in the midst of all of that.  Every client He decides to send my way is a client He has asked me to teach AND pray for or with.

Intimate., isn't it?

I am sure you would agree that praying for or with another person is the most intimate thing you can do because prayer invites another into pain, joy, happiness, sickness, spiritual battles, etc.  And in doing so, we become vulnerable. 

Yikes.

That's why I want to teach more.... because in praying for my clients, I am actively participating in something much greater than myself.  I know I can't make an engaged couple remain chaste before marriage or make a husband understand that his apathy toward using a natural system is hurting his wife's heart.  I can't console or heal a couple who just found out they lost their first baby because of a miscarriage... or make a couple pregnant after struggling for years with infertility, but I believe in a God Who can.

"Beloved, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and we receive from him whatever we ask, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him. And this is his commandment, that we should believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he has commanded us. All who keep his commandments abide in him, and he in them. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit which he has given us." (1 John 3:21-24 RSV)

Teaching has been merely the gateway to understanding the depth of God's plan for me which is to be a steward of His love.  I am blessed to pray for the people who come into my life through this ministry and the joy and satisfaction that has penetrated my heart through praying for them, is undeniably addicting.

I'm addicted to teaching because it has allowed me to become a better servant of His love through prayer and that is exactly who God has called me to be in His Body.

Beautiful.

***Also, please pray for my client's parents.  I know they would appreciate the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment